- About us
- What we do
Job Description Director Research Programs and IP
Quantum Delta NL is looking for a people-oriented and technical director with experience with large-scale cross-institutional research programs in the beta domain. Do you want to be at the helm of the quantum revolution in the Netherlands and Europe?
Do you like to realize the National Agenda Quantum Technology (link) that was drawn up in 2019 by structuring the collaborations between companies and knowledge institutions? Are you a team player who takes her or his role in an organization that is yet to be developed?
Then this position is for you!
4th member Executive Board
As the 4th member of the executive board, you have added value with regard to the further elaboration of the CAT programs (link) that form the heart of the Quantum Delta NL program that is financed by the National Growth Fund. You have the ability to reach workable agreements with the affiliated knowledge institutions and companies, including the conditions of financing, Intellectual Property and monitoring and evaluation.
You are focused on professionalizing, structuring and connecting research programs in the field of quantum and nanotechnology in the Netherlands. You have extensive experience with consortium agreements and subsidy conditions from the Dutch government and the European Commision. You can navigate well between knowledge institutions, subsidy providers and companies by creating and utilizing working relationships.
You are a connector and innovator, focused on collegial collaboration within and outside Quantum Delta NL. You have a result-oriented and decisive way of managing and you deal well with people. You have an affinity with cultural development, diversity and inclusiveness.
As a member of the executive board you have at least the following knowledge and experience:
- Academic thinking and working level, preferably with a background in a beta discipline;
- Knowledge of and experience with calls and subsidy conditions for research funding, state aid aspects and reporting;
- Experience at an ultimately responsible/administrative level in a public or public-private organization;
- Experience in negotiating and networking with stakeholders (ministries, knowledge institutions, business, social partners);
- Demonstrable affinity with cultural development, diversity and inclusiveness.
Your personal characteristics and competencies
You are authentic and balanced, firm and sensitive. You look from different perspectives and are able to think out-of-the-box and conceptually. You are a highly analytical and logical thinker. You are enterprising and not afraid to roll up your sleeves yourself. You enjoy working with others and like to make progress. You are a networker and negotiator and you ensure good cooperation within the national field. You move easily within the frameworks and preconditions of the subsidy providers, Europe and knowledge institutions. You are a team player and can form functional relationships with people at all levels.
Profile Quantum Delta NL
- Founded in 2019 with the aim of executing the NAQT
- Relies on a strong team of people from the field
- Organization is under construction
Organization and culture
Quantum Delta NL was created from the bottom up through a joint initiative of people involved in the field of science, policy, applied research and startup/business. It is a team that has developed naturally in recent years, with the common denominators: passion for quantum technology, ambition and the urge to innovate. The team will grow in the coming period to make the Growth Fund program a success. It is important to maintain the entrepreneurial and collaborative team spirit that got the NAQT and QDNL off the ground, while at the same time moving towards a professional organisation.
QDNL has a collegial board with currently a two-member Board and possibly five members in the future. As a team, the board members are collectively responsible for the implementation of the National Agenda Quantum Technology and the deployment of and reporting on the resources allocated from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and the National Growth Fund, the formulation and realization of the strategy and policy, the quality of the science and technology within the programs and the development of the “barrierless” ecosystem of entrepreneurs, researchers, financiers and civil society organisations. Individually, the board members are specifically responsible for the portfolios assigned to them. The Supervisory Board supervises the management and the functioning of the individual board members.
Policy is coordinated by the Supervisory Board and the strategy board in which the program leaders are represented. The strategy board advises the board on central policy frameworks and the implementation of policy.
The executive work is entrusted to the program office, in which people work on a secondment basis from affiliated parties or on direct assignment/salaried employment.
This position, as a member of the Executive Board, focuses in particular on the financing and monitoring of research projects and programs and the agreements about this between and with the implementing knowledge institutions and companies. In addition, the new board member, together with the other members, will play an important role in setting up and managing the staff organisation. The program lines and operational aspects are divided among the directors, as are the other activities and policy fields.
For the board member “research programs” the following developments have priority:
- The member is primarily responsible for financing the CATs and the consortium agreements between knowledge institutions and companies, including Intellectual Property;
- The member is responsible for the translation of European developments (calls) and the matching required for this from the QDNL resources;
- The member is responsible for the organizational relationships with the staff organizations of the knowledge institutions and companies involved;
Important cross-cutting themes for the entire board in the coming period include:
- Developing a methodology for monitoring the KPIs of the program;
- Developing a policy that ensures that knowledge and investments do not leak abroad;
- Further development of the QDNL staff office, including housing, HR and ICT
- Developing core values and code of conducts for the organization and the ecosystem in general
Employment contract with an appointment for a maximum of four years with the possibility of reappointment. Remuneration in accordance with WNT II standards in line with management salary scales of TNO (range ~ € 7000 – 11000 per month).
You can send your motivation and CV until September 10, 2021 to Magalie Fogaras, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The first round interviews will be scheduled for the week of September 17.