Community Manager at QDNL
QDNL is looking for a dynamic Community Manager to develop and execute outreach and communication strategies.
Quantum Delta is on a mission to create a national ecosystem for excellence in quantum innovation, supporting highly talented professionals in bringing quantum computers, quantum networks and quantum sensors to the market. It combines our hubs in Delft, Amsterdam, Leiden, Eindhoven and Twente to bring these technologies to the next level and accelerate new startups in the field.
Successful development and innovative application of quantum technology require us to overcome major scientific and technological challenges and integrate diverse technologies and disciplines across the ecosystem. To do this, we need the right people on board to connect the dots.
We are looking for a dynamic Community Manager to develop and execute outreach and communication strategies. Helping us overcome the challenge of reaching and engaging a variety of stakeholders, including new talent, investors, and partners.
As one of our first hires, this person will work directly with the Quantum Delta core team and help build our community from the ground up.
The Community Manager is in charge of developing the blueprint for our online communication (including website) and taking the lead in connecting researchers, academia, entrepreneurs, financiers and additional stakeholders. You will also help drive events and gatherings of Quantum Delta with organizations within the ecosystem.
This also requires having a way with words and content, as the role will include social media strategy, planning and execution.
As our very first Community Manager, this means you will have both great responsibility and a lot of freedom. We are looking for someone highly driven, action-oriented and comfortable within an undefined multi-actor environment.
- Fascination and/or experience around Quantum physics and enabling technology.
- An ability to work both independently and within small teams; simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Previous experience in community building (online & offline), social media marketing & event management.
- Strategic thinking, with the knowledge of tools to accelerate the process.
- Having an eye for design and knowing how to work with digital design tools.
- Analytically driven, with an understanding of Google Analytics and social media tools.
- Positive energy, and a people-person orientation.
About the role
- Website and content management. Collecting, coordinating and sharing news from all partners in the ecosystem.
- Developing a communication strategy for several different target groups.
- Drive and execute the social media strategy through competitive search, platform selection, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Draft and implement newsletters through Sendgrid, MailChimp or other platforms.
- Curate our social channels and posts. Sharing news, findings, knowledge and insights from the hubs and partners of Quantum Delta.
- Support our online event communication and assist in setting up (online) gatherings.
- Responsible for setting up the QDNL presence during national and international fairs and conferences.
- Several years of experience in marketing and online/offline community organizing.
- Role takes ~ 20-30 hours per week, with flexible working hours and location (based in Delft).
Send a brief letter of motivation (max 1 A4) and your CV to email@example.com.