- Sending quantum information and linking quantum systems enablesfundamental secure communication.
- Quantum networks will ensure our digital sovereignty by connecting banks, governments entities, hospitals and other critical infrastructures.
- The quantum network (QN) provides the fundament for the next generation digital infrastructure.
- The NL are in a unique position to realize the QN now with leadershipin science and in existing digital infrastructures.
- A first of its kind physical infrastructure that connects multiplequantum processors.
- QN consists of the latest quantum-hardware and -software andserves as national testbed for new applications such as secure onlinequantum computing.
- QN will be open for users to learn, engage with and validate industrialapplicability of quantum technology.
- QN will connect other EU networks within the context of EuroQCI andthe Quantum Flagship using fiber and satellite links.
The network will consist of three pillars:
- R&D network to develop hardware and software, integrate keycomponents and assess innovation in the concept phase.
- Operational network based on state-of-the-art technology. Due to the opencharacter of this physical network players from all sectors can connect,develop and test their hardware, software and/or applications.
- Quantum network construction support for commercial roll-out of quantum networks and services.